Engineering, Land Surveying, and Architectural Positions
HCL Engineering & Surveying, LLC is a full service engineering, surveying, and architectural firm specializing in transportation, land development, structural engineering – both horizontal and vertical design, and a full range of surveying services.
Our office is located in the Denver Tech Center off Orchard Road and I-25, or a 10-15 minute walk from the RTD Orchard Station.
We provide a full benefits package, including health and dental insurance, paid time off,
and a 401K to qualified employees. Even if there are no current openings, we encourage
you to submit your resume and cover letter.
HOW TO APPLY
HCL is always looking for qualified staff. Please send us your resume and cover letter.
Survey Project Manager
HCL has an opportunity for a full time PLS Project Manager. Aside from sub-contracting services to our client base, we are looking for someone who will help build the survey department by marketing to our current client base.
The successful candidate will work on fast-paced projects. This individual must possess people skills and be team/goal oriented. Duties will include communication with the field crews to provide support; communication with design engineers to aid in the preparation of design surveys; and will work on a variety of projects, such as GPS control surveys, construction staking, and the preparation of mapping products for transportation related projects. Must have good communication skills with clients, staff, and field crews, the ability to manage time and workflow effectively, and set priorities for projects while coordinating with clients and team members in order to deliver services in a timely manner.
Currently the survey department has a support staff of land surveyors, LSITs, and CAD drafters. We are fielding multiple survey crews working on various types of projects, such as GPS control networks, remote sensing, ALTAs, topographical surveys, construction staking, and large transportation projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected individual will lead office and field work performed by staff in the Greenwood Village office. They will oversee and take professional responsibility for work on boundary, topographic, and ALTA surveys, construction staking, and control surveys. The PLS will assist the Survey Director in proposals and business development efforts by interfacing with internal leaders of other design departments on their project work, as well as focusing externally to seek project opportunities and cultivate positive client relationships. They will also oversee financial details and performance of all survey projects and tasks, and directly supervise the office and field staff assigned to the survey group. The candidate will become an integral member of the team to help grow the department and increase revenues.
Qualifications and Skills:
This person should have exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) and also have clear writing skills. Client contact is required.
Written reports and proposals are part of the position requirements, as well as the following:
- Must possess current Colorado Professional Land Surveyor license
- BS in Engineering or Land Surveying or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience, including progressive levels of responsibility in staff supervision and project management
- Experience with the use of Trimble GPS and Robotic equipment
- Proficient use of Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or MicroStation InRoads
- Surveying and mapping experience is required, including boundary and cadastral surveys, land subdivision, control surveys, construction layout, topographic mapping and ALTA surveys
- Experience with MicroStation and CDOT surveying is a plus
- Use of drones for data collection is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Proven staff leadership capabilities is desired
- Effective business development and client relations skills is desired
- Excellent benefits, including paid professional fees and dues, 20 days of paid time off, a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan, and a Health Savings Account option.
- Opportunity to advance and grow within a successful surveying, engineering, and architectural firm.
- A chance to work in a true team environment on major projects throughout Colorado that come along once in a lifetime.
Location and Salary:
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Salary commensurate with experience ($75,000 – $90,000/year)
Land Survey Technician
HCL has an opportunity for a full time office technician for our survey department. Must be proficient with Civil 3-D, ALTA surveys, and topographical surveys. LSIT preferred but not required. Company offers a great atmosphere with room for advancement.
Survey CAD Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare ALTA, boundary, improvement, and topographic surveys.
- Prepare as-built surveys and construction plans, subdivision plats, legal descriptions and exhibits.
- Perform deed research, deed plotting, and map checks.
- Support civil development when needed.
Required Experience – Education and Skills:
- Five years of experience in Land Surveying or related field
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Demonstrate a basic understanding and entry-level application of the following technical skills:
- Surveying procedures and practices
- MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Civil construction plan reading and interpretation
Greenwood Village, CO
$50,000 – $67,000 a year